"Do you ever read books that could be considered patriotic? Rousing stories of heroes? History? Brave countrymen & women doing bold things? What would you recommend if somebody asked you for something patriotic–no matter what your country?"
The only patriotic books I read were those required in school. Nowadays if I have to pick up one patriotic book that involves my country, the Philippines, it will be Why America Fights: Patriotism and War Propaganda from the Philippines to Iraq by Susan A. Brewer. John H. Brown, Ph.D., has a good review of the book on American Diplomacy.
Thursday 13: quotes about time. Which ones do you like or relate to?
1. There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want. ~ Bill Waterson
2. Time is a game played beautifully by children. ~ Heraclitus, Fragments
3. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~ Mother Teresa
4. Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. ~ Curtin, Phrynette Married
5. They say I'm old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast! ~ Dr. Seuss
6. I'm on a government watch list. But I'm not interested, because government watches only twenty minutes out of every hour. ~ Jarod Kintz
7. "I wish it need not have happened in my time, " said Frodo. "so do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." ~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
8. Time is the longest distance between two places. Tennessee Williams, The Glass Menagerie
9. There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying. ~ Sarah Dessen, Just Listen
10. You may delay, but time will not. ~ Benjamin Franklin
11. Time is an illusion. ~ Albert Einstein
12. Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. ~ William Penn
13. Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. ~ Anthony G. Oettinger